Sad times - Kawasaki Ninja Forum

post #1 of 6 Old 07-06-2016, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Post Sad times

So the susprising, yet horribly timed motorcyclist nightmare has happened this weekend. Now I know what your thinking but rest assured I'm okay and the bike doesn't have a scratch on it. However, what I'm really talking about here is the motor exploded on me around 8000rpm around 60 mph on a long stretch this past Saturday morning around 9 am at 82F. Yup boom at the most unexpected Moment for sure. So I've done the only logical thing so out with the motor and on to New Jersey the motor goes. Sure they have many shops here that are capable to work on the motor but when you ride at a level above normal you need confidence in your machine. So I made a call you Bob Carpenter and explained the motor and what I needed. We discussed a few
Options and just like that the motor removal began. The zx10 has sooooo many electrical connectors I'm not sure I'll ever get this bike back together but it was a success. The motor is out,packaged and on the way. While the motor is out
I plan on addin a few electrical components on the bike plus a few others like new powder coating on the suspension, change in fork spring as well. Full frame cleaning a new tire and of course a wiring tidy up with a through cleaning of everything that came off the bike. It will be better than new. Hope the block is messed up at all but regardless gonna upgrade the last of the head with new brass seats and guides. New timing chain and guides and as always a fresh polish on the ports. I'll keep everyone updated as I know more

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-06-2016, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

Motor out

Here is a pic in progress
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (126.8 KB, 1 views)

post #3 of 6 Old 07-15-2016, 05:38 AM Thread Starter

Well the motor has arrived and they are going to begin on it tomorrow to
Diagnose the problem. Hopefully it's nothing big as I don't run nitrous on the bike but the heavily modified engine will be reported and oversized valves installed. Heavy valve springs with with ape large keepers Re degreed with brass seats and guides. Depending on the bottom end damage over sized Pistons which will mean yet another set of rods and crank bearings but all in all it will be a new
Motor with an old thermostat and water pump which are in great shape still. Made really good Hp before but this should squeeze a few
More hp out of the motor with the head job alone but If
The bottom and isn't bad it's staying stock ish. Will keep
Updating as I get More Information

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 07-15-2016, 05:42 AM Thread Starter

Here is the bike as she sits now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (144.1 KB, 2 views)

post #5 of 6 Old 07-15-2016, 05:43 AM Thread Starter

The motor removed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (189.7 KB, 1 views)

post #6 of 6 Old 07-18-2016, 05:52 AM
Administrator

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Garage
Damn, no good bud, hopefully it's a pain free re-build and you're happy with the outcome!

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 650R ABS Island Metallic Blue. Yoshi Exhaust, Sport Bars 3.0, CF Rimtape, Bar ends & Spools, Givi & Ventura Luggage, New Ninja Decal, Double Adjustable Levers, Frame Sliders, PC5 Power Commander, Pirelli Angel Tyres, and more to come!!!

Tags
blown, knock, repair, sad day

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in