My First Accident - Page 2 - Kawasaki Ninja Forum

post #11 of 25 Old 09-12-2013, 06:53 PM
Ninja Master

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Send a message via Yahoo to earlthepearl
I've broken many so they're not that hard......

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

..Just wanna take a bikeride.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 Old 12-27-2013, 12:16 AM
Apprentice Ninja

Glad u are okay man i just got 13 ninja 636!!! Love it!!! Im new to riding and wanted to ask you guys that are more skilled then me.... Other then wearing my gear im afraid to lean when turning specially going like 65 or 70... How can i avoid been afraid haha?

post #13 of 25 Old 12-27-2013, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allninjaspeed View Post
Glad u are okay man i just got 13 ninja 636!!! Love it!!! Im new to riding and wanted to ask you guys that are more skilled then me.... Other then wearing my gear im afraid to lean when turning specially going like 65 or 70... How can i avoid been afraid haha?
legs are a big part of riding but don't forget shoulder,elbow , and head placement. In proper position. Your head should extend past where your mirror would end. You elbow pointed out and slightly forward as if driving itself through the curve and your inside shoulder should be as close to being above your elbow as you can get it. Add the top Of the body to the lower limbs. Shift you butt half way off the seat in the direction of the curve you are taking. Ie. Left turn shift left. Outside leg right against the bike. Essentially keeping you on the bike. The inside leg pushing hard on the foot peg while being extended away from the bike out pointing in the same direction as your elbow. Not only will this help you drag a knee but also will help the bike be more stable in the curves. It's not something perfected overnight but once you get it right. You will be surprised at what you can do on the bike and still feel safe. Good luck and ride at your own pace but stay rubber down. Hope this will help you learn the proper way to ride the 636. And will help build some confidence. Riding is a learn quick sport but learn at your own pace. Don't try to be the fastest or do the sickest wheelie etc. you will learn them eventually. First learn body position and smooth throttle control.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 25 Old 12-27-2013, 08:42 PM
Apprentice Ninja

Thats man i appreciate the input! Will definitely remember this!!!

post #15 of 25 Old 12-27-2013, 10:39 PM

Quote:
no problem. Work on the things I told you and you'll be faster than the other riders who didn't learn this before you know it. Plus 85-90 % of riders don't know how vital proper body and weight placement is so they never learn it. Proper tech along with proper throttle control is key to being better than the rest

post #16 of 25 Old 12-28-2013, 01:38 AM
Ninja Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by byte2022 View Post
no problem. Work on the things I told you and you'll be faster than the other riders who didn't learn this before you know it. Plus 85-90 % of riders don't know how vital proper body and weight placement is so they never learn it. Proper tech along with proper throttle control is key to being better than the rest
Amen ...

:NefRider:

---------------------------------------------
NefRider! 2009 Sunbeam Red Ninja 250R!
post #17 of 25 Old 12-28-2013, 02:38 AM
Apprentice Ninja

Okay so finally i went on the freeway!! I wasn't wrong it is soooo much fun! You were right your body plays a big role on how your bike performs i mean i wasnt going crazy but did try to work out my legs knees and elbows! Thanks!

post #18 of 25 Old 12-28-2013, 03:00 AM
Respected Rider

Quote:
Definitely pay attention to what byte has to say. Amazing how your skill improves following what he teaches. I'm finally at the point where I'm ready to start hanging off the bike. I was awfully tempted to try it today in the twisties. But a more-controlled environment would be better. :-)

post #19 of 25 Old 12-28-2013, 05:54 AM
Apprentice Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by motodolphin View Post
Definitely pay attention to what byte has to say. Amazing how your skill improves following what he teaches. I'm finally at the point where I'm ready to start hanging off the bike. I was awfully tempted to try it today in the twisties. But a more-controlled environment would be better. :-)
yep i defiantly will..... Do race on Track??

post #20 of 25 Old 12-28-2013, 06:22 AM
Respected Rider

Quote:
yep i defiantly will..... Do race on Track??
Not yet. Haven't done any track days yet (though I definitely plan to this year). Need a nice big, empty, open parking lot for practicing hanging of the bike. And then a big enough roundabout. I'll be dragging knee in no time :-p

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in