Finally bought some gear - Kawasaki Ninja Forum

post #1 of 23 Old 08-18-2013, 06:04 AM Thread Starter
Ninja Racer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Finally bought some gear

Well, I ordered most of my gear. I still need boots, but I'll just check out some at a shop.

I went with these and I quite literally bought the last jacket in stock..lol

Jacket
Power Trip Women's Harlow Leather Jacket - RevZilla

Gloves
Joe Rocket Women's Cleo Gloves - RevZilla

Rain jacket
Tour Master Sentinel Rain Jacket For Women - Off Color Pink :: MotorcycleGear.com

I haven't purchased rain pants or even regular riding pants yet, but I will when I have more to spend on such things. I hope I didn't mess the sizing up and hope the gear works out nicely.

"Kendra, this is a motorcycle. Its sole reason for being is to go fast, very fast. Not for you to use as a clothesline. Now, make no mistake. I love you as a friend and a roommate, but I love my motorcycle more. Stay away from the bike, okay?" - Dark Angel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 08-18-2013, 11:02 AM
Ninja Master

Send a message via Yahoo to earlthepearl
Looks good.......
Hope u don't have to actually have it protect u....
Ride safe

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

..Just wanna take a bikeride.....
post #3 of 23 Old 08-18-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saavik
Well, I ordered most of my gear. I still need boots, but I'll just check out some at a shop.

I went with these and I quite literally bought the last jacket in stock..lol

Jacket
Power Trip Women's Harlow Leather Jacket - RevZilla

Gloves
Joe Rocket Women's Cleo Gloves - RevZilla

Rain jacket
Tour Master Sentinel Rain Jacket For Women - Off Color Pink :: MotorcycleGear.com

I haven't purchased rain pants or even regular riding pants yet, but I will when I have more to spend on such things. I hope I didn't mess the sizing up and hope the gear works out nicely.
Really like the jacket. But more glad to know your getting the protective gear. You have earned alot of respect with me because protective gear is the most important thing you can buy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 08-18-2013, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
Ninja Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by byte2022 View Post
Really like the jacket. But more glad to know your getting the protective gear. You have earned alot of respect with me because protective gear is the most important thing you can buy.
Thanks, I just hope the jacket is the correct size as well as the gloves and rain jacket. I still need a few more bits of gear before I have a full set, but this is a huge start. Glad I got everything on sale.

"Kendra, this is a motorcycle. Its sole reason for being is to go fast, very fast. Not for you to use as a clothesline. Now, make no mistake. I love you as a friend and a roommate, but I love my motorcycle more. Stay away from the bike, okay?" - Dark Angel
post #5 of 23 Old 08-23-2013, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
Ninja Racer

So my rain jacket came in and as soon as I pulled it out of the box, I put it on to see if it fit. It fit nicely and it was hot in the house, so I decided to take it off. When I was unzipping it, the zipper messed up near the bottom and I had to step out of the jacket like stepping out of a dress. I won't buy tour master gear ever again and I won't buy from cyclegear.com ever again.

It took a long time, but I unjammed the zipper, but the zipper now sticks at the top and requires force to move it down. Is there a way to fix the zipper issue or should I just demand a refund or replacement? The jacket has been in their inventory for a long time, the tag says manufactured in 2009, maybe long storage has something to do with the zipper issues I'm having?

post #6 of 23 Old 08-23-2013, 09:32 AM
Administrator

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Garage
Run a little graphite along the zipper, which will work as a lubricant for the zipper.
If you don't have graphite powder, run a high lead pencil(2B or 4B etc) along the zipper, does the same job

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 650R ABS Island Metallic Blue. Yoshi Exhaust, Sport Bars 3.0, CF Rimtape, Bar ends & Spools, Givi & Ventura Luggage, New Ninja Decal, Double Adjustable Levers, Frame Sliders, PC5 Power Commander, Pirelli Angel Tyres, and more to come!!!
post #7 of 23 Old 08-23-2013, 11:17 AM
Ninja Master

Depending on the cost on bothering with getting ur $$$ back.....
But myself i'd at least let them know it was crap.
Some times with the cost to send it back it's just not worth the bother, but i'd deff let them know about the crappy product......

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

..Just wanna take a bikeride.....
post #8 of 23 Old 08-23-2013, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saavik
So my rain jacket came in and as soon as I pulled it out of the box, I put it on to see if it fit. It fit nicely and it was hot in the house, so I decided to take it off. When I was unzipping it, the zipper messed up near the bottom and I had to step out of the jacket like stepping out of a dress. I won't buy tour master gear ever again and I won't buy from cyclegear.com ever again.

It took a long time, but I unjammed the zipper, but the zipper now sticks at the top and requires force to move it down. Is there a way to fix the zipper issue or should I just demand a refund or replacement? The jacket has been in their inventory for a long time, the tag says manufactured in 2009, maybe long storage has something to do with the zipper issues I'm having?
Send it back. And get better gear.

post #9 of 23 Old 08-23-2013, 11:16 PM
Ninja Master

post #10 of 23 Old 08-23-2013, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
Ninja Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlthepearl View Post
I don't have the money for a rain suit like that.

Tags
gear, womens clothing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in