Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

Air filter help

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  earlthepearl 
#1 ·
I'm looking to add a new better performing air filter that's for all road and weather conditions. Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using New Ninja

#2 ·
I went with a:

Welcome to HurricaneRP.com

U'll have to ask if it fits ur bike.....
BUT......I don't recommend it if ur gunna ride in dirty dusty places.....
I only ride on asphalt roads, and if i do encounter dusty places such as a construction site area......
I will do what ever to avoid running the bike threw the dust.....
Coasting threw the dust with engine off is what i do at times, or....
Pull over n let it clear.....
The filter is a stainless steel very fine screen that uses no oil, so.....
I just feel it may let very fine dust threw.....so i don't take a chance....

A K&N foam type mite be a better option if u ride in dusty areas, but is a bit more maintenance....

#5 · (Edited)
2009-2010 Kawasaki ER6N 650 Motorcycle Air Filter by BikeMaster http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0069224RA/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_G6lmub0BNEJFT And Dimotiv High-flow Air Filter Kawasaki ER6N ER6F Ninja 650 KN by Dimotiv http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DK1TP3O/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_n7lmub0R0XVEP These are two I'm lookin at Sent from my iPhone using New Ninja
Hey man. Not a fan of hurricane filters. Also not a fan of paying big money for something when there are better alternatives. Look at the bmc street filter or a k&n filter if your willing to pay 70.00 dollars for it. However changing the filter alone will cause you to loss about 6 hp If you change the filter from stock you need to add a power commander and have it dyno'd to see the performance improvement but all that will end up,costing you about 600-700 and u will only gain about 8hp over stock. If you change the exhaust to a slip on it will add about 3-5 more hp Full system 10-15 hp. All the more you will have paid out anywhere for 600 dollars to 2000 usd and your not looking at but about 20-35 hp over stock at very best but most hp will not transfer to the rear wheel and will be lost in the transmission. Unfortunately on your bike an air filter change alone actually hurts performance Sorry to say it sir Hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.