Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

Turn Signal: Front right stays solid, rear right doesn't work

13K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  byte2022 
#1 ·
Having a bit of a problem. My front right turn signal works, but stays solid and doesn't blink. The rear right doesn't light up at all. Even the signal indicator stays solid green when I use the right turn signal. I check the rear right bulb, but the bulb seems to still be good. Left signals work perfect.

Any idea what it could be and how to fix it?

It's a 2011 Ninja 250

#2 ·
Hey Peanutdj,
Normally that is a built-in tell-tale sign that the globe is blown. Try swapping some globes around to see if that fixes the problem.

#4 ·
Sorry, differences in language!!
What I call the globe, you would call the bulb!

#5 ·
ya.. what zandit said.. since your back right blinker isn't working, the front won't work because of how the power is distributed or something is what i've been told. ran into this issue when my bulb popped when i dropped my bike the first time.

I replaced the bulb and they both work just fine now. just go to the dealer and get a new bulb for semethin like 3 dollars

#6 ·
Hi! Resurrecting this thread as I am experiencing exactly the same problem with a 2008 Ninja 250r.

Bought a new bulb, and no luck. Tried testing the good left rear bulb in the right side assembly, and still no dice.

Any other thoughts on what I can try? This is my first bike, and only had it a week. There was no bulb in the right hand side when I bought it so I figured it was just burned out. Apparently not :/

#8 ·
Just so you know, the relay is found behind the black plastic panel that sits below the seat on the left side of the 250R.

#10 ·
Hey guys. Turns out it was not the relay, and I figured that out a few minutes before I was going to go buy one.

Looks like I have a loose connection in the wiring spaghetti near the fuse box. I played around moving the wires for over 30 minutes with the signal light on trying to find where the problem is. I sort of narrowed it down enough to wrap a bunch of duct tape around a couple of the wires to keep them in enough a position to work.

I test-rode it for a while and it still blinks, so I have enough of a fix to get me through my road test in a couple of weeks. I'm in Canada so I am pushing up a against the end of the season here. Snow and whatnot.

My plan is over the winter to remove all that wiring and put in LED's, a new relay and the diode fix. While I'm at it I'll run all new wires for signal lights.

Good times!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.