Noise Around Front Wheel/Brake - Kawasaki Ninja Forum
New Ninja Forum

Old 07-24-2008, 04:38 PM   #1
Ninja Novice

GreenMachine is on a distinguished road
Squeeky front wheel area??

Hey there I was wondering if anyone had experienced a squeek coming from the front wheel area?? My bike has only 3000k on it. Any suggestions on what this might be?? Brakes or suspention??
Thanks!

Dan P

Old 07-24-2008, 11:58 PM   #2
Apprentice Ninja

camicwrath is on a distinguished road
Re: Squeeky front wheel area??

http://www.newninja.com/index.php?to...sg4543#msg4543

Here you go. Check this thread out. I think they have a good fix for it too.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:17 PM   #3
Respected Rider

RoadRunner is on a distinguished road
Noise Around Front Wheel/Brake

Hey everyone. I have been noticing a squeal around my front wheel lately while I'm riding. It kind of started around the time I last washed my bike. When I squeeze my front brake it starts to go away as I get closer to a stop so I'm thinking it's in the front brake somewhere. Has anyone else had this issue at all and knows what I could do to get rid of it? I'm suspecting it needs to be lubed somewhere. I'm just not sure where it would be or what to use if that's it. Thanks in advance if anyone knows what I can do.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:09 PM   #4
ccy
Respected Rider

ccy is on a distinguished road
Re: Noise Around Front Wheel/Brake

i had...
it happened to me Every time i came to a stop. only heard it during low speed, maybe coz wind noise was blocking the sound? idk...

anyways, i brought it in, but guy said they can look at it, but that part is not under warranty as soon as the bike leave the dealership. he told me to do a hard braking. i did it, it seemed to work somehow...or maybe it's just a fluke, idk much about it...maybe you can give it a try, don't need to squeeze it as hard as you can...make sure you do it safe

hope it works for you too
Old 02-24-2009, 09:19 PM   #5
Apprentice Ninja

Wade is on a distinguished road

Maby the break pads are too smooth and just make that noise because of it? And the hard braking roughs up teh pads a bit so its not as smooth and doenst make that noise?
Old 02-24-2009, 09:29 PM   #6
Apprentice Ninja

ninja 101 is on a distinguished road

hi try break cleaner give the disk a good wipe to I get it every now and again its not that load but anoying it might be just dirt or something hope this helps
Old 02-24-2009, 09:37 PM   #7
Elite Rider

gummybear is on a distinguished road

i have that too... i think its because the brake pads are glazed over or somthing. hard braking helps. im sure if i went out for a day and did really heavy breaking it would fix it completly
Old 02-24-2009, 09:46 PM   #8
Respected Rider

RoadRunner is on a distinguished road

Hey Thanks everyone. I asked a fellow co-worker/motorcycle guy and he said pretty much the same thing. He thinks I just have some break dust in there and need to hard break a few times. I'll probably just take it out into a parking lot and practice my breaking for a while and see if that helps. I just don't like having that noise when I have a brand new bike. I don't want people looking at me because it sounds stupid, I want them looking at me because it is just so darn sexy. It already makes enough noise when the gas tank is releasing air. haha. Thanks for all your advise. It didn't take long to get that question answered. I hope it helps.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:48 PM   #9
Elite Rider

gummybear is on a distinguished road

i have to say, im at 1900 miles and i still have it some... seems to depend on humidity. although, i havent really harshed on the brakes, so maybe ill go out an do the same RR :-)
Old 02-25-2009, 04:45 AM   #10
Ninja Master

spooph is on a distinguished road

Roadrunner, I had, what I think is the same issue. Next time it comes in, counter lean the bike left and right, and see which side is louder. If it is louder on one side, it's a wheel bearing/axle issue....

That is what my problem was. The first time it happened the guy checked the entire front end completely over, re-lubed and re-torque the front axle to spec, and it went away.... After about 2,000 miles it returned on cold, and especially humid days (gummybear). When it gets warm, it never happens.

So, along with doing the "lean test", also pay attention to how cold it is, and humid. Currently I've done about 8,000 miles since the re-adjustment from the shop, and it fades in and out, but no issues. I'm going to have it check out next big service, or maybe re-lube the axle if I get a chance...

Since I have the same concern as you about people staring at me because my bike makes a squeaking noise, I've just learned to brake much harder. It seems to fix it, but it is not the brakes, because with my bike, it would do it with the caliper removed, which eliminated the brakes. Give it a shot, see what happens.