Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

Anyone used Werkes Tailight?

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  byte2022 
#1 ·
Bought a stealth Werkes integrated tailight and after watching a video on installation I thought it was literally going to be a matter of plugging in the wires and done. But I took off the tail and the tailight has only two wires a blue and a yellow one for the turn signals and the stock wiring has two wires for the left and right turn signals by the looks of it. I have looked everywhere and can't find instructions specifically for a Werkes Integrated tailight for my 05 zx6r. I'm not sure if I need to do some wire splicing, and even if I did I know nothing about wiring even after reading things online. And last thing I noticed is when I plug the Werkes light into the main connector for the brake light, and turned the bike on, only the left side of the brake leds were turned on and not the right.....is this normal or is it a defective piece?

#4 ·
If they don't all light up its bad but the main harness ground is used for the blinkers so only the blue and yellow are require to hook to the positive side of the blinkers twisted throttles brings me smiles
Here's what it looks like now. Looks like all but one led is lit. Yesterday half of that was lit when I plugged it in..? What's the deal?

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Amber Headlamp

#5 ·
And now after I finished typing that the whole thing lit up. And when I turned my bike off, one led stayed lit. I know it's supposed to have a security light but is it only one led like this?
Even after completely unplugging the tail light from the bike, the one light remains on.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.