This Is Canada - Page 15 - Kawasaki Ninja Forum
New Ninja Forum

Old 05-04-2012, 10:50 PM   #141
Administrator

Zandit is on a distinguished road
Hahah!!! Love that last pick!!!

Nice Pics Boar, thanks for sharing!

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 650R ABS Island Metallic Blue. Yoshi Exhaust, Sport Bars 3.0, CF Rimtape, Bar ends & Spools, Givi & Ventura Luggage, New Ninja Decal, Double Adjustable Levers, Frame Sliders, PC5 Power Commander, Pirelli Angel Tyres, and more to come!!!
Zandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #142
Ninja Racer

BlackBoar is on a distinguished road
Despite the odd weather - rain here, sun there, if you don't like just wait 5 minutes and it will change... We took a chance and went for an hour long ride out to Grand Bend. This is one of the more popular beach towns that populate the Eastern shore of Lake Huron. As you see, the weather was "in a mood" when we got there:

Old 06-10-2012, 03:17 AM   #143
Respected Rider

Bulletproof250r is on a distinguished road
Blackboar.... I am very impressed with this thread here. Since I had to work my Saturday evening at work and things were slow I read damn near every page. You really do your country justice. I've always wanted to visit Canada but the closest I've came was in Canadian waters of lake Erie when I lived in Port Clinton Ohio on a walleye charter fishing boat.
Got to thinking bout how awesome it would be to ride from Nova Scotia to Vancouver and stopping at every major city in between. The whole time listening to the whole Rush catalog (my all time favorite band by the way... Seen them 10 times in concert with my 11th this Sept. In Virginia). That would be awesome.
If that becomes reality then it won't happen for a few years so..... Thanks for sharing this thread on Canada to keep me occupied until I do.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #144
Ninja Racer

Hey BP, thank you very much. I always get a kick out of your very Canadian avatar, and I laughed when you threw in the fact that you're a huge Rush fan (as is Bubbles)

Thanks again.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:57 PM   #145
Respected Rider

Bulletproof250r is on a distinguished road
Yeah I like Canadian "culture" for some reason lol. I've been a huge Rush fan since elementary school, plus metal bands like Strapping Young Lad, Black Dahlia Murder, ect...
I got turned onto Trailer Park Boys back in 2004 from an engineer at one of my old jobs. He was originally from Edmonton but was transferred to my plant. I still watch all the episodes and turned on many of my friends on to the series as well.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:35 PM   #146
Ninja Racer

My oldest son is a member of the Royal Canadian Air Cadets. It's a great youth program that has been around since WW2. It's the same program that piqued my interest in the Air Force and launched my service in the military, many years ago.

They recently had their annual final inspection before the Summer break. This year, they were hosted by Diamond Aircraft. This is an international company, but they have a large Canadian operation, designing and building unique aircraft right here in London. Having their inspection parade on the shop floor of the hangar surrounded by airplanes was a great environment and really added a punch to the end of their year.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #147
Respected Rider

Stealth is on a distinguished road
Hey Boar!

Any chance you're in Hamilton this weekend? A buddy and I will be at the air show on Sunday.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:43 PM   #148
Ninja Racer

Nope, dayshift over the weekend. Too bad, I'da made that ride for the airshow. Have fun.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:32 PM   #149
Ninja Racer

Nice day, Friday. Kids in school. Wife at work. Time to go for a ride...
Took the Versys an hour down Longwoods Rd (Hwy 2). Just outside of town is a monument from the Battle of Longwoods, fought in the War of 1812 between Canada and the U.S. Cheers to 200 years of peace.

I carried on to Chatham to ride a couple roads along the river. I was surprised at the twists (we don't have many around here). After that fun I rode South to Point Pelee. This is the furthest Southern point in all of Canada.

The road through the park looks like a tunnel carved out of the trees:

I parked the bike and took a walk on the 1 km loop of boardwark that extends out into an expansive marsh. About half of the boarkwalk is floating:

Lots of wildlife to see. A couple of the birds let me know in no uncertain terms that they were keenly intent on defending their nearby nests. I'm sure I looked less than cool running away, ducked over, with arms flailing about my head, but it had to be done...

This is Canada.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:59 PM   #150
Ninja Master

spooph is on a distinguished road
As always, spectacular pics man!